Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My latest attempt at hatching: Day 18

   Well today is day 18. Three days to day 21, aka the days the chickens are supposed to hatch.
   Earlier today, I went to check on the eggs. The 47 eggs I had set in the incubator. After what I saw, I was disappointed, relieved that the hatching curse I seem to be under finally revealed itself, and a little amused by the manner it chose to manifest.


    Eighth eggs were missing.

I spent the better part of the day looking for them, but no luck. I have no idea where they.


   I had a family thing tonight, and when I got home, DH calls me over to look at the incubator. Of course I assume the most logical reason for the summons, the eggs must have magically reappeared! Instead I see this:







No other pips, just one healthy EE chick. WHOOT!

No comments: